- News-2020.01.22Hibernation Film Festival Vol. 1: An Animation Film Festival held at Towada City, Aomori’s City of ArtActivity
- News-2020.01.18Pioneer of cosmic disco sounds, Daniele Baldelli, will be coming to VENT Omotesando!Music
- News-2020.01.17Patrice Scott will be making an appearance at VENT Omotesando!Music
- News-2020.01.11TOKYO MEGA ILLUMINATION 2019-2020: One of the largest illumination exhibits in Tokyo to be held at Oi RacecourseActivity
- News-2020.01.08Agaitida “New Year Edition 2020” in OkinawaMusic
- News-2020.01.05The World’s Largest Light Illumination at Nagasaki Huis Ten Bosch until May 2020Activity
- Feature-2020.01.20Relaxing with cats at the end of the dayCulture
In Japan, cat cafes are popular spots for people to play with cats and heal their hearts. They are becoming increasingly popular with tourists from abroad as well in recent years. Some cat cafes are open at night as well. In this article we will discuss Cat Cafe MOCHA, a particularly popular cafe. Drinking some sake and going to clubs can be fun, but why not relax together with some cats every once in a while?
- Feature-2020.01.16MOGRA: Deep and Dope, the Otaku After DarkMusic
Night in Akihabara is quiet, in stark contrast to the noisy electronics shopping district it is during the day. The district is not without a nightclub that holds edgy parties nightly, though. The name of the nightclub is MOGRA. Some say it is the most famous nightclub in Japan. It has been covered by UK Mixmag as a place to go to in the Tokyo night scene. A large bulk of the supporters consists of those who associate themselves with “Weeb.” These are otaku (synonymous with “nerds”) of the Japanese pop culture. If you like anime and games, and cool music, MOGRA is a must-go location during your trip to Japan.
- Feature-2020.01.12MEN SO RE! OKINAWA NIGHTSPOTCulture
Located at the south-western tip of Japan, Okinawa, once known as the independent kingdom “Ryukyu Kingdom,” is an island with a unique and exotic cultural history in terms of language, architecture, and even art. The climate is humid subtropical ― it’s warm all year round ― and is one of Japan’s favorite travel destinations.<BR>One fascinating aspect of the island is the beautiful blue sea that surrounds it. Okinawa is a popular destination for divers and snorkelers thanks to the abundance of beautifully colored fish and coral reefs. The local food ― also popular ― features unique cooking methods using fish caught near Okinawa, pig and chicken meat raised on the island, and other vegetables and fruit that are local to Okinawa. Okinawa became one of the major battlefields during the Second World War, and the largest US base in Japan today is located on the island. Thus, another characteristic feature of the island is the subtly American atmosphere that you can find here and there.<BR><BR><BR>For the nightlife in Okinawa, we’d like to give you a tour of “Kokusai dori,” the main street of Naha City, the largest city and capital of Okinawa prefecture. There are many restaurants and bars located in this brilliant business district, many of which are open until late at night. The following is a list of just a few of the cool clubs and bars where you can enjoy the deep local music scene, restaurants that feature traditional Okinawa music, and some other nightspots that feature music in one way or another.
- Topics-2020.01.09UMEKITA FLOOR: Ground Floor Osaka’s Lounge—Open Until 4a.m.Food & Drink
- Topics-2020.01.01Over 3 million plays! Sama’, rising star of 2019, will be coming to VENT Omotesando to perform!Music
- Topics-2019.12.30We have a nice double lineup featuring Janus Rasmussen of Kiasmos and Christian Löffler of Ki Records at VENT Omotesando!Music
- Topics-2019.12.29Touted by Tale of Us and Matthew Jonson for their talent, Agents of Time will be coming to VENT Omotesando!Music
- Topics-2019.12.25NEONCITY SUPER COUNTDOWN 2020: Shibuya countdown eventMusic
- Topics-2019.12.22CIRCUS OSAKA NEW YEAR’S EVE: Countdown event at Osaka nightclubMusic
- Feature-2019.07.19DJ Harvey’s Favorite Places in JapanMusic
- Feature-2019.06.26Takahiro Saito: The Lawyer that Continues to Change the Nightlife Scene in JapanCulture
- Feature-2019.06.19Inspiration for a night out in the city: The Japan City Guides by Resident AdvisorMusic
- Feature-2019.06.03Stand up please! How to have a good time at a Tachinomiya.Culture