Nara Rurie 2020: Illuminations are held at Nara Park, famous for its many deerActivity
Nara has excellent transport access from Osaka. Why not spend a magical night experiencing Japanese culture?
Illumination events are held inside Nara Park centering on visits to its three shrines and temples (Kasuga-taisha Shrine, Kofuku-ji Temple, and Todai-ji Temple), as well as operating hours at Nara National Museum after dark.
11th Annual Shiawase Kairo Nara-Rurie
Schedule: February 8th (Sat.) - February 14th (Fri.), 2020 (Tentative)
Hours: 6:00PM-9:00PM (Tentative)
Location: Throughout Nara Park (Kasuga-taisha Shrine, Kofuku-ji Temple, Todai-ji Temple, Nara National Museum, Nara Kasugano International Form Iraka)
• Lighting displays, including light shows and illuminated art objects.
• Illumination of the garden at Nara Kasugano International Forum Iraka.
• Paper lantern procession (participation content).
• Rurie Market (original products for sale, food and drink booths).
• Nara Park Birthday Live Concert, Nara Park Birthday Fireworks Display (February 14th).
The paper lantern procession is a special tour after dark in which participants carry paper lanterns as they walk with Rurie navigators to the shrine and two temples. Generally, only Japanese is spoken at this event, but foreign visitors who wish to carry a lantern and join the procession are welcome to participate even if they do not speak Japanese.
For more details on the event, please see this official website.