Illumination Project at the Old Takigahara QuarryCulture
Designated a Japan Heritage, Komatsu’s history of stone-work has stretched back thousands of years. For a short time only, the old abandoned quarries of Takigahara will be back lit in a dramatic display.
Dates: 14th Feb 2019 (Thu) – 28th Feb 2019 (Feb)
Times: 17:30 – 20:30
Venue: Within Takigahara Neighborhood.
*Event may be halted without notice in case of bad weather
*Do note that due to unsafe conditions, the Nishiyama Quarry Ruins are not accessible to the public
Access: 26 minutes by car from Komatsu Station or 11 minutes by car from Awazu Station.
In line with our publicity efforts, we are holding a photo contest! Anyone is free to participate!
Theme: Heritage of Stone (for more details please see: )
Application Period: 1 Feb 2019 – 10 Mar 2019
Accepted Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Black White or Color (must be rectangle-shaped) or an A4 sized
2. JPEG format of about 5MB
3. Up to 5 entries per person
- Send your
1. This contest is open to all, there are no restrictions on professional/amateur photographers, current residence, age, gender etc.
2. The final product sent in must be taken by the applicant themselves, and must hold all the rights for use
3. The photo must have been taken between April 1st, 2016 and March 10th, 2019.
(Submitted photos, even non-winning entries, may be used in publicity materials for the city, including displays, printed matter and on websites)