Final Revision: February 18, 2019
NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd.
NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd. (hereinafter known as 'this Company') adheres to the rules stipulated below (hereinafter known as 'these Rules') when handling user information acquired by this Company pertaining to the provision of 'NOCTIVE' (hereinafter known as 'this Service') as offered by this Company.
- Information Automatically Acquired through Use of this Service
- ①Information related to the User's history of use of this Service（Functions used, time and date used (time stamps), characters entered for search, etc.）
- ②Information related to the User's device(Device type, OS, browser type, device-specific ID etc.)
- ③Information through Cookies(IP address, history of visits to this Service etc.)
- ④Location information measured through a browser function
- Information Obtained through Inquiries etc.(Name, telephone number, e-mail address, details of inquiry etc.)
- ①Information which can be used to identify that specific individual due to its inclusion of a name, date of birth, or other such information (meaning any matter described or recorded, or expressed by voice, in movement or using other methods in writing, drawing or electromagnetic record (meaning a record which is created in electromagnetic form (meaning electronic form, magnetic form or any other form that cannot be perceived by the human senses)) (excluding the personal identification code set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act)) (this includes any information that can be cross-checked against other information and thereby used to identify that specific individual)
- ②Information containing the personal identification code set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act
- ① Business related to the provision of this Service;
- ② Business related to the improvement of the convenience of this Service;
- ③ Business related to the study of the development of new services;
- ④ Business related to responding to inquiries and consultations;
- ⑤ Business related to the distribution of advertisement;
- ⑥ Business related to the surveying/analyzing foreign tourists visiting Japan;
- ⑦ Business related to the preparation and submission of statistical documentation (documentation that cannot be used to identify a specific individual);
- ⑧ Business related to the protection of privacy;
- ⑨ Business related to making contact with an individual when necessary to protect life, physical health or property;
- ① Should the user provide consent;
- ② Should the handling of the Personal Information be consigned, in part or in whole, to a third party, in accordance with paragraph 4 below (Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information);
- ③ Should the provision of the Personal Information accompany the succession of the business due to a merger or other reason;
- ④ Should the provision of the Personal Information be authorized by law, or should the provision be mandated by law or court judgment.
- ① Notification of purpose of use
- ② Disclosure
- ③ Revisions, additions or deletion
- ④ Suspension of use, deletion or suspension of provision to a third party
1.Information to be Acquired
This Company shall acquire the information listed below (hereinafter collectively known as 'Acquired Information') through the provision of this Service.
2.Handling of Personal Information
This Company shall handle the Personal Information defined in Paragraph 1 (Definition of Personal Information) of this Section (Handling of Personal Information) in accordance with the “Personal Information Protection Policy” separately established by this Company and Paragraphs of this Section (Handling of Personal Information).
(1)Definition of Personal Information
As used in these Rules, Personal Information means either of the following types of information about individuals to be acquired.
(2)Purpose of Use of Personal Information
This Company will use Personal Information for the following purposes:
(3)Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
In principle, this Company shall not provide the user's Personal Information to third parties. However, this shall not apply in the following circumstances:
(4)Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
This Company may outsource all or part of the handling of the Personal Information to the extent necessary for the management of information obtained from users in connection with this Service, business related to responses to inquiries and consultations from users, business arising with respect to the purchase of this Service by users and accomplishment of the purpose of use set forth in Paragraph 2 (Purpose of Use of Personal Information).
(5)Requests for Disclosure etc
This Company shall respond to the following requests with respect to the “Personal Information to be disclosed” of the user made by the user or his/her agent. For details of procedures, please contact the reception desk set forth in Paragraph 9 (Inquiries Regarding Personal Information).
(6)Voluntary Provision of Personal Information
If the user does not wish to provide this Company with Personal Information, please cease to use this Service.
(7)Safe Management and Access to Personal Information
Regarding the handling of Personal Information, this Company sets forth company regulations based on the laws and guidelines stipulated by the Japanese government, makes these rules well-known among its employees, and takes safe management/preventative measures.
In addition, should the user wish to have the Personal Information they provided to this Company updated, this Company will make efforts to promptly respond to such request. However, we may refuse to respond to a request if it has been repeatedly made without justifiable cause, or the request requires excessive technological burden (such as the deletion of the data from the backed-up data).
(8)Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization and Where to File Complaints
The name of this Company's authorized person-related information protection organization and the contact point for filing complaints is listed below.
Name of Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
Japan Information Processing Development Center (JIPDEC)
Contact Point for Filing ComplaintsPersonal Information Protection Complaints DeskAddress:12F Roppongi First Bldg., 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032Telephone number:03-5860-7565 (Japanese language only)/0120-700-779 (Japanese language only)
*Please be noted that the above telephone numbers are not for inquiries regarding the products and services of this Company.
Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
User inquiries regarding Personal Information are handled at the Personal Information Protection Desk provided below.
Personal Information Protection Desk NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd. Minami Aoyama Tokyu Bldg. 3-8-38 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062
Personal Information Protection Manager:
Compliance Manager, Intellectual Propertåy Legal Department
3. Handling of Non-personal Information
This Company shall handle the Non-personal Information defined in Paragraph 1 (Definition of Non-personal Information) of this Section (Handling of Non-personal Information) in accordance with the Paragraphs of this Section (Handling of Non-personal Information).
(1)Definition of Non-personal Information
As used in these Rules, Non-personal Information means information to be acquired which doesn’t belong to personal information.
(2)Purpose of Use of Non-personal Information
This Company may use the Non-personal Information for the purpose described in Paragraph 2 (Purpose of Use of Personal Information) of Section 2 (Handling of Personal Information), for this Service or services related thereto or other businesses of this Company.
(3)Provision of Non-personal Information to Third Party
When providing a third party with the Non-personal Information, this Company shall take appropriate measures for anonymization and shall not reidentify the anonymized information. Further, when providing a third party with such information, reidentification by the third party shall be prohibited by contract. This Company shall not provide a third party with the users’ Personal Information in violation of Section 2 (Handling of Personal Information).
(4)Voluntary Provision of Non-personal Information
①If the user does not wish to provide this Company with the Non-personal Information, please cease to use this Service.
② Any user who does not wish to provide this Company with the location information which is measured through a browser function only out of the Non-personal Information may refuse to provide this Company with the location information by changing the setting of the user’s device.
(5)Safe Control of Non-personal Information
In handling the Non-personal Information, this Company shall establish the regulations of this Company in accordance with laws, ordinances and guidelines established by the government, inform the employees thereof and take safety control measures and preventive measures.
(6)Inquiries about Non-personal Information
For inquiries about the Non-personal Information of users, please contact the Personal Information Protection Desk set forth in Paragraph 9 (Inquiries Regarding Personal Information) of Section 2 (Handling of Personal Information).
(2)Use of Information Collection Modules
This Company uses the following information collection modules to analyze access and use conditions of this Service. These information collection modules collect information regarding the use of this Service in a way that it does not identify a specific individual, and the collected information will not be used to identify the user.
5. Revisions to these Rules
These Rules are subject to revision at the discretion of this Company for reasons such as to respond to the law or government guidelines etc. Such revisions shall become valid at the time the revised Rules have been posted on this website. However, should there be a major revision that will have a significant impact on the users, a reasonable notification period will be set in advance, users will be notified in an easy-to-understand way through this Service, and the revised Rules will be posted to this website. In such case, after the notification period has passed, the revised Rules shall be considered valid.