Inokashira Park Zoo井の頭自然文化園
This is a zoo occupying approximately one-third of Inokashira Onshi Koen (Inokashira Park) in Tokyo’s Musashino City. It is famous for its elephant Hanako, who had lived for a long time, passed away in 2016. Inside the park are small paths where the squirrels roam free, a petting corner, and a square where visitors can search for wildlife (Sundays 11 am-12 pm. Second Sunday only from January-March and November-December) and displays for the very popular capybara. In the separate zoo are exhibits of aquatic animals such as fish, amphibians, insects and waterfowl. Altogether both zoos keep more than 200 species of animals.
- Tokyo Musashinoshi Gotenyama 1-17-6
- 9:30-17:00 (until Admission 16:00)
- Monday(The day following if it falls on a public holiday), New Year's Holiday(12/29-1/1)
- Admission feeGeneral 400 yen, Junior High School Students 150 yen, Over 65200 yen, Elementary school age students and under, Tokyo Junior high school students living or attending school in Tokyo Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, Master Card, JCV, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)※ Admission ticket sales are only available on the current Friday.